M.G.M. Motori elettrici S.p.A. was founded in 1947. Right from the start the company specialised in the production of electric brake motors, becoming one of the leader companies in this industry.
In Italy MGM has the main production plant in Serravalle Pistoiese and a warehouse with sales offices in Assago (Milan). In North America MGM is present in Montreal (Canada) and in Detroit (Usa). MGM is also present in Chennai (India) with a plant for India sales, technical support and distribution and in Izmir (Turkey).
Around the world MGM is present in more than 75 countries with its own structures for sales and assistance.
Engineer Carlo Ghieri, M.G.M. Motori Elettrici founder
More than 70 years ago, after the World War II, MGM electric motors production included only few models
Next to the Italian price column there was stated the american one in US dollars. This column was blank
and often updated due to the USD rate and the inflation.
The first MGM brake motors and the autograph of our founder Ing. Carlo Ghieri.
The first brake motors were military green since the paints used were those left by in Italy by the american
soldiers, after the Second World War.
Later the motors were blue, the color that marks our brand.